Old October 26th 03, 11:57 PM
John

Default array of magnetic loops?

Hi there,

I want to make a receive loop for HF transatlantic flight monitering,
Gander, Ascension and Shanwick around 5.5Mhz to 6.5-ish megs. That bits
easy. But I have a lot of local QRN, dimmer switch/thermostat noise or
something, that obliterates anything below 7Mhz. Using a single small loop,
I can null out much of the noise, but what Id like to do is use a second
loop, orientated 90degrees to my receive loop, firing straight into the
noise, but phase shifted by 180degrees to cancel the noise out. Is this
possible? Alternatively, but similarly, Is it possible to use two magnetic
loops, somehow phase linked like a mini array, to have a system with greater
gain and deeper nulls?

Thoughts please,

John G0WPA