Old January 23rd 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default receive only ferrite antenna

"dansawyeror" wrote in message
All,

I am interested in experimenting with ferrite core receive antennas. I
have about a dozen .4 by 10 inch rods. The primary band of interest is
75m. My question is:

1. For best reception is it better to make a fat or a long antenna? I
cannot find much written about these antennas and have not found any
equations.

The only work I've seen done on multiple ferrite rods was for use at
the AM BCB frequency and they bundled them side by side for a short
fat antenna.
IIRC the information was in an NRC (National Radio Club) publication.
I think you will find an index of their publications online.
Mike

Mike