Old January 23rd 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Feb 23 is the No-code date

KH6HZ wrote:
wrote:

Not proven at all, Len. In fact, when you argue with Mike,
you are arguing with a nocodetest person.

Lennie's had the proverbial "hard on" for me since he showed up on USENET
back in the mid 90's. I can only conclude his obsession with me is due to
the fact that I have a ham radio license while, alas, he does not.

No, that's not it, Mike.

The problem Len has with you isn't your license, or lack of it. It's
the fact that
you dared to disagree with him, and/or correct one or more of his
mistakes
here. Once someone does either or both of those things, Len's reaction
is
100% predictable. In fact, there's a handy profile that pretty much
sums it all up:

"No matter what employment, education, life experience or
government/military
service a person has, if that person disagrees with any of Len's
views, or
corrects any of Len's mistakes, he/she will be the target of Len's
insults,
ridicule, name-calling, factual errors, ethnic/gender/racial slurs,
excessive
emoticons and general infantile behavior."

What you did was to disagree with Len. That's all it takes.

This isn't a new thing, or a secret. Look up his 1998
comments to the FCC on the subject, if you don't believe me.

What is even more amusing is if you look up Lennie's comments to the FCC,
out of thousands of pages of comments, he felt the need to rebut my comments
virtually line for line.

Pages and pages worth, too, even though your comments were 100% in
support
of the maximum possible Morse Code test reduction under the treaty, and
complete
Morse Code test elimination at the earliest possible moment if/when the
treaty changed.

Think about it. If all Len *really* wanted was Morse Code test
elimination, why would
he send in all those pages refuting someone who wanted exactly that,
and who
supported that part of the NCI agenda to the letter? The explanation is
simple: You
were/are a target because you disagreed with Len.

He specifically asked FCC to do the following in response to NPRM
98-143:

I have always felt stronger (not read: more difficult) theory examinations
were more important to the ARS than morse code testing. It is an opinion
that I hold to this day.

Well, we agree on the desirability of better written tests. We disagree
on the
Morse Code test in that you support complete elimination of that test
and I
don't.

However, FCC's response has been to reduce both the number of written
tests and the total number of questions required for every class of
license.
The other ideas on written test improvement were ignored by FCC

IOW, he *supported* the NCI proposal of that time! He's a
dyed-in-the-wool no-coder!

I actually have my NCI membership certificate packed someone in my boxes.

You mean you haven't got it "right out of the box"?

3) Reduction of the number of amateur radio license classes
to two.

I still feel two license classes - a 50MHZ+ and a 30MHZ- would not
necessarily be a bad idea.

Well, we disagree on that, too.

This was almost ten years ago. I don't think Mike has changed

Not at all. I still feel all my ideas presented 8 years ago hold merit
today.

Len does not want to discuss the merit of anyone's ideas if they
disagree with *his* ideas, or if they correct his mistakes.

I do not really see any need for two HF licenses. The FCC should simply
eliminate the General license and have a Class A and Class B license.

Well, it's interesting to see that you can be nasty to those
who agree with you....

Since Lennie's first appearance... oh, 10? years ago, he's pretty much been
a nasty fellow.

About 10 years, and an enormous volume of verbiage under a variety of
screen
names. He used the screen name " for several posts
here,
then later denied ever using that name in rrap.

Of course someone (ahem) pointed out that he had, indeed, posted to
rrap
using that screen name. Len's reaction was quite predictable.

As I've posted in the past, he reminds me a great deal of my
long-since-departed paternal grandmother, who was so miserable, she had to
try and make everyone else around her miserable too. I can only conclude
that Lennie's inability to get a ham license has made him very, very
miserable.

See the paragraph above about Len's behavior here. All anyone has to
do is disagree with Len, or correct a mistake he makes, and it's
showtime.

73 de Jim, N2EY