Old January 23rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default IC-M710 long distance communication, how long ?

Caveat Lector wrote:
From the ICOM website -- the IC-M710
a.. Covers all allowed bands between 1.6 and 27.5 MHz
a.. But propagation varies on each band depending on night or day, time of
year, time in the sunspot cycle, solar storms, ground wave propagation, etc.

Suggest you read about propagation.
See URL:
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/propflash.htm

Hope that helps.

CL

Thank you Caveat.

When VOA or BBC plan to build a radio station, they must be able to
calculate the coverage of their station in 'normal' conditions.

When we talk about cars, you may say a Mercedes C200 speed depends on
road conditions, tires pressure, gas, temperature, etc... but surely
people can say it can do 100km/hr.

Don't we have something similar when talking about radios ?