Old January 24th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ted Ted is offline

Default Easy to build low power meter

You might check www.nogaqrp.org and look at "Kits" and the NoGaWaTT.
It can be built for the 0-6 Watt range, or milliWatts. It is pretty
accurate.

Also, if you are an ARRL member, go to the ARRL site and look for the
article on the log power meter. Near the end of the article, there is
information on an accessory higher power attenuator good for up to 100
Watts that you may be able to adapt to output to a 0-5 Watt range
meter (rather than the much lower power range of the log power meter,
a test instrument which only reads to about 5 milliWatts, or 7 dBm).
Ted kx4om

On 17 Jan 2007 07:53:45 -0800, "tladotse"
wrote:

I want to build a power meter for the hf bands that has maybe three
scales: something like 0 to 1 watt, 1 to 5 watts and 5 to 25 watts. I
had one I built for 1-5 watts one time and remember it was easy
measuring across a voltage divider resistance network. Can't find the
schematic rite now.
I enjoy working qrp and it would be a useful asset in the shack.
I also might want to add a circuit to it for attenuator since my rig
only goes down to 5 watts.
thanks and 73
W4TKI
Kennon