Old January 23rd 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Feb 23 is the No-code date

From: John Smith I on Tues, Jan 23 2007 9:35 am

wrote:
KH6HZ wrote:
wrote:

The problem Len has with you isn't your license, or lack of it. It's
the fact that
you dared to disagree with him, and/or correct one or more of his
mistakes
here. Once someone does either or both of those things, Len's reaction
is
100% predictable. In fact, there's a handy profile that pretty much
sums it all up:

Now that's funny. The problem with Len is he has pulled some covers
here and pi$$ed off a few. As to Len being perfect? Well, maybe, maybe
not--I kinda like him. As for Len being "predictable", hey look in a
mirror, you are one we are making fun of for that very thing!!!

Hee hee hee hee ... ain't that some HYPOCRISY of theirs! :-)

Gotta love them "profiles." Homeland security wannabes?
:-)

You guys are VERY small MEN. Len knows that, I know that, the whole
world knows that. If you attempt to step away from it, you can't. You
will now be seen for what you truly are. You know that and it irks you,
don't take that anger out on Len ...

John, they MUST attack. They aren't respected for their
"leadership" (that they claim, either overtly or covertly).
They have a NEED to CONTROL. In der Uber Oberst's
case, it seems compounded by a NEED to push
others around.

They are, as you say, LITTLE men. Little men act that
way. It isn't restricted to amateur radio. It covers
all human activity.

I'm sure US amateur radio can be fun. It might be nice
to have a ham license other than from the FDA. But NOT
in the style these LITTLE men dictate.

Back about 44 or so years ago, it was a Saturday and I
had the morning free. Being a nice day outside, I
thought to walk two blocks to a Ralphs supermarket and
pick up a few things. Our apartment was next to a two-
block long public park and the Little League teams
were out there warming up. I watched for a while. One
of the boys just didn't want to play ball. His jock
dad kept harranging him to "get out there!" Boy
resisted. Finally dad yelled loudly to him, "You're
gonna go out there and enjoy playing whether you like
it or not!" some muffled chuckles from the sidelines

That jock dad is about like the LITTLE men in here,
pretenders at being big-league and trying to control
all via paternal terror tactics. It's not about
having "fun" in amateur radio, it's about having
"controlled fun," i.e., doing as the "jocks" (with
cute little amateur uniforms on) say everyone should
act, expecting "respect" for being so ruff and tuff,
doing as the "jocks" say one "should."

It won't be long now to the final days of amateur
morse code testing in the USA. To all those ruff,
tuff "jocks," I just flip them the bird. :-)

LA