Old January 23rd 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Count Floyd Count Floyd is offline

Default Voice of Justice/Radio Teheran/S-38

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:39:23 UTC, Charly wrote:

Count Floyd a ‚crit :
Fired up my recently restored S-38, rooftop longwire, and this station
is booming in. It is in the 41m band, can't tell definitely what
frequency it is on. This old tube radio is alive with signals. Does
anyone have any information on the station? The only freq infor they
gave was for satellite and for www streaming.
Thanks

According to :
http://www.irib.ir/worldservice/engl.../frequency.htm
if it was on 41m, and if you're located in North America, it might be
7160 kHz.

It's always amazing, if not funny, to listen to the iranian point of
view...

Charly

Thanks, it is 7160, though with the S-38C, I couldn't really tell! It
really is fun SWL'ing with the old boatanchor stuff in this age of
digital. Brings back the fun I first had when I was new to the game
with an S-120 and then graduated to an S-40! Now, it is just a fun
challenge to see how many countries and states I can pull in on the
old radios, the other is a Lafayette HE-10, like new, fully recapped
and restored. Antenna is about 100ft of insulated wire on the roof
leading down to the radio through the window.
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"