Old January 24th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Antennas led astray

art wrote:

Why would you say that? Lets look at a rain drop accellerating towards
ground
until it comes to a sudden stop. Now look at this senario in terms of
the big picture
and we note that relatively speaking the droplet does not follow a
straight line relative
to a particular point on the face on the earth because of the earths
rotation.
So with the accellaration towards earth by gravity is a relative change
in time
it needs an accompanaying vector to qualify as curl which is supplied
by the
earths rotation. Thus I would contend that a droplet in free fall is
statically loaded
and provided with a time varying change at the same time. Thus the
noise I heard
with the antenna inside the car while in the rain forest was actually
something that
was transmitted as opposed to a static discharge on impact!. If you
read about space
transmissions you will note that they always place the word static
within " "..
Why do you think they do that? An answer to that would be very
interesting in
light of what I infere early in this post would it not?
Art

Art:

Take 1.1111 Mhz. How do we know that is 1,111,100 cps?

We know that because earth makes 1 revolution in 1 day (24 hrs).
We know there are 60 mins in an hour.
We know there are 60 secs in a min.
Etc.

Now, destroy the earth, forget all about its' revolutions.

Now, what is that 1.1111 Mhz really?

If you were an alien the rf would NOT appear to change (assuming they
are "stupid" enough to base time on the rotations of their planet), what
does it look like to them? Certainly NOT 1,111,100 cps.

So, how could everyone ever agree on what that rf REALLY is?

You must give me an example NOT including the earth, else I will give
you back examples basing time on my goldfish swimming! (and he/she makes
way more than 1 revolution per/day!)

And, perhaps gravity and time are only two phenomenons of the same thing ...

In space, there is only the ether ...

Regards,
JS