Old January 24th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Local station bad harmonics on 80 meters

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:10:38 -0800, "R. Scott"
wrote:

80 is basically useless. 3400 and 4000 I have a Pegged meter WFM signal
from 1380kc station here. I have mini harmonics ever 200kc that
basically makes 80meters unusable Its really annoying and the station
says they had their equipment recertified 2 months ago

Hi OM,

Sounds like IF images from a front-end overload. Build yourself a 6
or 8 pole Hi pass filter to the antenna input.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC