Old January 24th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Those Old Study Guides

wrote:
- When the Conditional license existed, it too used the same
written test as the General and Technician.

I heard that the reason the FCC was so protective of
those exams is that they only had two different versions
of them. Any truth to that?

One source I saw said Conditionals accounted for about
25% of 1950s US hams.

As I remember, Conditionals who moved closer than 75 miles
to an FCC office were supposed to retake the General. I
never did that and, if I remember correctly, I was later
grandfathered to General - can't remember exactly when.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com