Old January 24th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Strayed thinking

gwatts wrote:

Don't blame the engineers, unless they went on to get an MBA after the
EE, ME, etc. I got out of private industry ten years ago for these
reasons, I was tired of design reviews where management pushed the 'you
can cut this out, it won't be so bad' line. Designs aren't for the
benefit of the customer, they are for the benefit of the stockholder and
the board of directors. What was 'The quality goes in before the name
goes on,' is now 'the profit is determined before the unit is produced.'
I'm not saying that profit isn't a good thing, just that it shouldn't
be the overwhelming thing.

On the other hand, someone has to take the project from the engineers
because if they don't, the engineers won't stop working on it.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -