Old January 24th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antennas led astray

John Smith I wrote:
wrote:
John Smith I wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:

Now, what is that 1.1111 Mhz really?
10,214,000,000,000,000 oscillations of the Cesium atom - DUH

Richard:

Really?

Yes, really.

Perhaps my understanding of Einsteins theory is incorrect, or I am
attempting to add a relative quality to it?

Einstein has nothing to do with it nor does the rotation of the Earth.

"Under the International System of Units, the second is currently defined
as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding
to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state
of the caesium-133 atom. This definition refers to a cesium atom at rest
at a temperature of 0 K (absolute zero)."

Where Einstein comes in is that the cesium atom has to be at rest in
your reference frame.

In that aliens galaxy existing far-far-away on a planet engaged in Star
Wars, that cesium atom may not oscillate at that frequency at all!

Only in comic books and movies.

snip rest

Actually, I was so flabbergasted I failed to even give you a reason why
I would find holes immediately in your statement, to begin:

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_zero

"While scientists cannot fully achieve a state of ?zero? heat energy in
a substance, they have made great advancements in achieving temperatures
ever closer to absolute zero (where matter exhibits odd quantum
effects). In 1994, the NIST achieved a record cold temperature of 700 nK
(billionths of a kelvin). In 2003, researchers at MIT eclipsed this with
a new record of 450 pK (0.45 nK)."

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that a practical hardware
implementation would correct for the actual temperature?

snip nonsense

Since you seem to like wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second

Hmmm, looks like they got their definition for the second the same
place I did.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.