Old January 25th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default regarding grounding

"You" wrote in message
In article om,
"sreenivas" wrote:

hi,
i would like to know how to measure perfect grounding in installation
of telecom systems.

"Perfect Grounding: is an illusion......... and can't be measured.....

Although "ground resistance" can be quantified and is, by the following
method:

Three stakes are driven into the ground at intervals. A measured current is
induced between the first and the last, while the voltage between the first
and the middle stakes is measured. By R=E/I, the ground resistance is
determined.

I last saw this done more than 10 years ago and I have no idea what the
numbers are. However, in poor soils, it must surely lead the installers to
drive more or deeper ground rods to meet the numerical requirments.

I hope this helps.