Old January 25th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
The speed of the Earth relative to what?

Relative to the center of gravity of the Big Bang.

But since the second is defined in the inertial frame of the Earth, it
doesn't matter.

How long was a second before the Earth existed? Seems
to me that assuming the age of the universe can be
calculated in Earth seconds is just as bad as assuming
the Earth is the center of the universe. Similar
Earth-centric arguments can be made for both concepts.

BTW, you do know the second at sea level is different than the second
on top of a mountain due to gravity?

So how is it possible to calculate the age of the
universe in Earth seconds? Are we talking sea level
seconds or what? Are Black Holes the same age as the
universe?

Shrug.

One defines a standard and works with the standard.

If you want to define a standard unit of time called the glorksnopes,
be my guest.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.