Old January 25th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
One defines a standard and works with the standard.

The point is that our "standard" second changes
with velocity and we have no idea what our
velocity is or was or will be. We are defining
our average velocity as a constant without any
evidence whatsoever to support that definition.
That's no different from defining our average
position as the center of the universe.

Since there is no such thing as an absolute frame of reference or
absolute velocity, your point is meaningless.

Time is defined with a velocity of zero relative to the Earth, not
Mars, the Crab Nebula, nor the center of the universe.

The standard is a measurement standard, not some revelation into the
meaning of life and everything.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.