Old January 25th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Feb 23 is the No-code date

amazing tha I even ran into a ham over in Marquette which is basicaly
out fo range and was asked if I knew KB9RQZ made for an interesting
conversation

Quite a few years ago now, I had an old set of stacked 6 element yagis,
I believe mosley (maybe hygain?) made 'em? Once the CB craze was over,
these things were just laying about gathering dust, bought it at a yard
sale for a few bucks. Assembled it, modified it and mounted it 50 ft up.

My xmitter back then was a "laboratory amplifier" (1 - 1Ghz) capable of
a kw out on hf. Max input was 100 mw for full output. I drove it with
a wide band vfo with variable output. (basically a signal generator)
Can't remember what rcvr I was using.

On a good day, sunspots, I could chat 'em up in Australia on ten ... and
around here, they'll tell ya 10 meters is only local! LOL

Ya never know, ya just never know ... that beam is now gathering weeds
and dirt behind a shed.

Regards,
JS