Old January 26th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Those Old Study Guides

wrote:
Just getting to
the exam could be a major journey, depending on where you lived.

Come to think of it - my parents drove me to the Houston
FCC office for my Novice exam so at that time the distance
limit was still 125 miles. A year later, when my Novice
expired, I was eligible to take the Conditional by mail
because the distance limit had been reduced to 75 miles.
I have lost track of exactly when I got those licenses
but that knowledge should help to bracket the dates.
Thanks again, Jim.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com