Old January 26th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am

The dusty box remains unopened. No attempt has yet been made to open
it. The empty boast has yet to be fulfilled.
Dave K8MN
I have an ARX2B like that.
Great. Did you boast that you were going to open it seven years ago?

Why no, Dave. I boasted that I was going to purchase it seven years
ago.

:-)

When it does get opened, it will be as if new.
Maybe it will be; maybe it won't be. You won't know for certain until
you open it.

Why wouldn't it be perfect? It's never been opened, and the box is
intact.

It won't be "perfect" unless the Foremost Authority deems
it perfect. [when he takes off his little red hat, puts
down the tin cup when organ-grinder Miccolis takes a break]

Maybe it will be perfect; maybe it won't be. It won't be known until
that box is opened. You have a different situation, Len. You made a
boast on which you didn't follow through.

Is the World's Greatest DXer suggesting that Cushcraft products are
defective or have poor quality control?

Hee hee hee...World's Greatest DXer prolly thot that you
had some kind of furrin' callsign or experimental license.
:-)

When you fellows see him, give him my regards.

And rest assured, I can open it at any time.
Len is in his eighth decade of life.

Correction: FIRST CENTURY! :-)

What are you now, Len--74 or so? You wasted seven years in which you
might have enjoyed amateur radio and you received catcalls for your
empty boast.

Then he would be perfect as a new ham.

Absolutely NOT! I don't bow down and genuflect in front
of some dumb**** extra control-freaks demanding Instant
Obediance to Their Majesties.

Feel free to keep the box closed, Len.

Especially the ego-
inflated ex-government employee types who spend all their
time trying to beat on all others who don't agree with
Them.

Are you an ego-inflated, ex-government employee type, Leonard? You've
certainly spent a lot of your time trying to beat on all others who
don't agree with you.

He could even apply through the
Vanity Call System and get an old-timey callsign so people would think
he was an old hand at this amateur stuff...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, I COULD do that.

Ha, ha. You might have been able to obtain a license. Maybe you
wouldn't have been able to do so. We'll never know.

But I won't.

I believe you, Len. You have me convinced.

I started out in radio "at this military stuff" then
"at this commercial stuff" and never really got around
to "this amateur (licensed) stuff." Over a half
century ago. Herr Oberst doesn't like that.

Well, Foghorn, I don't think you could sell anyone that I don't like it
that you got into military radio 50+ years back, got into commercial
radio and never got into amateur radio. Next year will make forty years
since I joined the military. Of course I'd already been a radio amateur
for a number of years prior to that. I'd already worked in FM broadcast
radio as well. I had a career as a civilian in government communications
afterward. One of the big differences between us is that I acted upon
my desire to become a radio amateur. You didn't.

In fact,
Herr Oberst has a hate hard-on for anyone talking
against, or anyone NOT following his "superior" orders
like HOW It Should Be Done.

Which orders have I issued, Major Hoople? You declared an interest in
amateur radio. You made the boast of the "Extra right out of the box".
You failed to follow through. Don't blame me for your failures.

Herr Robust and his
organ-grinding pal, Jimmie NOserve (the one who has
a hate memory like an effluent), birds of a feather
(who just can't fly very far).

It's like this, Leonid: You can't behave in a civil manner. You aren't
a participant in amateur radio. You are a sidewalk superintendent. You
serve no purpose, no function in amateur radio. Jim has an excellent
memory for recalling your comments to the FCC and your gaffes, boasts,
errors and fabrications here. You don't like that at all.

I now regard Heil and Miccolis as in the same league
as Robesin. All that "elite" little group can do is
to sit around and hate all those who don't agree with
them.

I've never been interested enough in your doings to hate you, Len.
I find you irritating and pompous in a field in which you are not a player.

All must follow - explicitly - what They Say
or be the target of all sorts of character assassination
attempts for years and years afterwards.

This is all quite easy to understand, Leonid old boy. You get as you
give. You make up insulting names. You receive insulting names. You
denigrate. You receive denigration. I'm absolutely certain that your
character has not been assassinated here in this newsgroup. There are
enough of your posts archived to validate any insult tossed your way.

To paraphrase your owns recent words to another: You should LEARN to
take it or maybe just get some of those Mexican ********.

I don't think
that is the express purpose of US amateur radio...but
those three certainly act like it is in hundreds of
their postings in here.

This newsgroup isn't amateur radio. If it were, you couldn't
participate here either.

There are limits on his ability to
open the box containing his Extra Class license.

Perhaps Handi-Hams could lend a box-cutter.

Thanks but I have one. Used it last time to open the
boxes that contained a Roomba and Scooba. [wife got
her own Christmas present, paid for it by credit card
through the Internet] They work just fine, but it is
beyond their cleaning ability to clean up all the ****
that those snivelling little sore code-test losers
leave in here.

Maybe you and the wife can get a refund.

If I need ****-cutters, all I have to do is come in
here and read the "superior" postings by code-tested
extras extolling their mighty radio pioneerings of the
past through dumpster diving and organ grinding.

You really need to find something to do with your empty hours, Len.

Dave K8MN