Old January 26th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Douglas Jim Douglas is offline

Default Long wire to SO-239 50 ohm?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:32:51 -0600, Bob Miller Has Frothed:

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:12:43 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

Anything special needed to make this thing besides the wire and SO-239?

I might want to transmit through this some day using a random wire tuner
but for now it will be used for SWL.

Go ahead and hook it directly to a random wire tuner, and simply tune
for maximum loudness on a given frequency. MFJ makes an inexpensive
tuner for random wires.

bob
k5qwg

Thanks, would rather get a 10:1 balun for now. Haven't had the time to
google it but there should be some instructions on how to make one myself.

Google "sw balun" and something like Sherwood Engineering. They build
nice stuff and little $$ delivered, about $12.00 I believe, their design
seemed to work better than the one's I made from various diagrams on the