Old January 27th 07, 07:52 AM posted to news.groups.proposals,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default 2nd RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated

"Sal M. Onella" wrote in message

"Paul W. Schleck, K3FU" wrote in message

snip

This is a Request for Discussion (RFD) to create a new moderated
discussion newsgroup for amateur radio on Usenet.

snip

I read the request and I'm not sure how to respond. Yes, I would like to
see a NG that had the politics and flames flushed out of it by a "duty
roster" of moderators. However, I'm bothered that it is proposed to
*supplement*, not *replace* the other newsgroup. How could I be sure that
some (valid) posters weren't behind in the old, abuse-filled group,
toughing
it out???

What I'm saying is that I want a clean break. If I have to check *two*
newsgroups as a substitute for previously having had to check one, that's
unfortunately not an improvement.

If my dilemma is too obvious and I shouldn't have bothered stating it, I'm
sorry.

73,
KD6VKW

Leave the old group for those who want to wallow in the problems.

The simple solution for most of us will be to simply ignore or even delete
the other groups.