Old January 27th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Avery W3AVE Avery W3AVE is offline

Default Hammarlund HQ-170

You do get your hands dirty. That's a lot of homebrew. What I find
admirable is that you just go ahead and DO it without obsessing over a
perfect front panel and such. I can't begin to count the number of
projects I've thought about taking on but never did because my
workshop skills are so-so and I knew I couldn't make the finished
products look the way they did in the Handbook, so why bother? It's a
dumb attitude, but I'll bet it's shared by a fair number of hams. I
did build some things, but nothing ambitious. You have my respect.

On Jan 25, 6:07 pm, Straydog wrote:

Yes, I'm going towards "retro" myself. Ultimate goal is to build (with
drill and soldering iron) a complete, total, homebrew tube station (AM and
SSB) mainly for 75 and 160). I already have most of a total homebrew
transmitter finished (including pair of 813s in GG). You can see some of
this at: http://www.panix.com/~asd