Old October 27th 03, 04:30 AM

W7TI wrote:

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:07:50 GMT, Richard wrote:

I have access to a 65' water well that I could install a radial in. This
is sulfur water and the conductivity is quiet high (per the lab
analysis). I was wondering if this would make a good ground system for a
vertical on 160/75/40. I am sitting on 6' of sandy loam which is sitting
on solid limestone bedrock. I've heard of people wanting to use the well
casing or tubing, but I would like to install a copper wire. Any
comments, suggestions or debate welcome

This reminds me of the April article in QST years ago about digging a
trench, filling it with water and using it as a yagi reflector.

The spirit lives on!

--
Bill, W7TI

Yep. It worked really great, but it was an unholy bitch
getting that trench up 30' to the back of the boom.