Old January 28th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Amateur Radio Assistance to Katrina Disaster!

On 2005-09-01 said:
Fred W4JLE wrote:
We all watched in amazement as New Orleans was relagated to the
Stone Age. All the wizz bang technology fell on it's hind parts.
No cell phones, no internet, no echo link, no communications.

i was there, my xyl and I were the ham radio ops for
University/Charity hospitals in NEw ORleans. SPent a week
there, and thank the good lord for hf ham radio. Was our
lifeline most of that week.

73 de nf5b

P.s. Haven't looked in on the ham radio usenet groups for
over a year, until I was seeking an item I needed. SEe not
much has changed.

Richard Webb, amateur radio callsign nf5b
Memphis TN USA.
Replace all before at symbol with elspider

Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for
dinner. Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.