Old January 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Optimum length for ladder-fed dipole

Rick wrote:
A half wave at 160
meters is a bit under 260 feet. Is there any particular reason I
should limit its length to 260 feet? I have enough room to make it
about 320 feet... any particular reason I shouldn't do that?

The optimum length of feedline for feeding a 1/2WL dipole
on 160m is 1/2WL, i.e. about 233 feet. If you make the
dipole longer than 1/2WL, the optimum length of feedline
is less than 1/2WL which may be a benefit.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com