Old January 28th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

From: John Smith I on Sun, Jan 28 2007 9:43 am

wrote:

And just to give a complete pictu

[a distorted one, a la Dali]

Paul has been a No Code Test advocate for many years. I have
been a Pro Code Test advocate for many years. Yet we are both
willing to read each other's postings without personal attacks.

I know some of the folks in the group of moderators. They are
all across the range of opinion on various subjects. I agree with
some and disagree with others.

That is NOT a "complete picture" by any means...:-(

The big question is this:

To my knowledge, there has never been a moderated amateur
radio newsgroup on Usenet. So this project is something
completely new, progressive and different. We're supposed to
support such things, aren't we?

That's total bull**** pronounced from ignorance of over
a decade of BBS activity in the USA prior to the Internet
becoming public in 1991. Note: "USENET" is carried ON
the Internet...it is NOT some separate, distinct, nor
original format venue that grew out of the original ARPANET.

"Moderation" is NOT something "new" in computer-modem
communications. It was practiced by Sysops on BBSs over
a quarter century ago.

N2EY:

Don't let this be a shock to you, I thought of you specifically when I
constructed that text.

:-)

Paul is slick, he is prejudiced, he thinks the extras are the best
captains for this ship. Well, we have decades of their piloting to look
at, I am not happy with their steerage.

As is common in academia, rank-title-status plus tenure are
the key ingredients to "leadership." In comparison to extras
there is only commonality, no difference. :-)

Moderation is hardly an open forum, it can easily be abused. I, even if
I alone, believe Paul is NOT the man to provide leadership. I do not
believe him to be either "fair" nor "just."

He writes that he is fair. But, we can't put that to the
test until around 2009 when the 11th (or so) RFD is
completed and the moderated newsgroup actually
exists...:-(

Why? Because Paul does possess a VERY strong personality. This is NOT
bad in and of itself. But, if abused, it is. I am claiming he has
demonstrated his abuse and that only members of this group, at large,
can rein him in.

"Power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely."

[except in Newington, CT...]

As I directly have stated, I fear Paul only seeks a "good ole' boys
club" composed of ego stroking extras, what part of that don't you
understand? Are you asking me to dig up old posts are re-post them to
make my point un-undeniably clear?

Miccolis Standard Operating Practice is to put on his
barrister's robe and wig and DEMAND all to POST IT!!!

QED. :-)

There might be a few posts from you I would like to include also ... I
fear Pauls' strong personality has had a "crowd control" effect upon
your tendencies also, and even you have fallen prey to the
"mass-hysteria-of-the-EXTRAS" ...

All amateur extras "KNOW what is best for (their) ham radio."

Intrinsic in their emotional psyches.

They keep saying that so it must be "true," ey? :-)

Big brother George Orwell would be proud of them...

LA