Old January 28th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Those Old Study Guides

On Jan 27, 10:04 pm, wrote:

That resolves an ongoing bit of confusion on my part.

Just on one matter.

I haven't been
able to remember if I took my Novice exam in 1953 or 1954. What I do
remember is that I took the exam during a Thanksgiving break at the
FCC office in the Philly custom house and that there was no other way
for me to take the test. Based on your June 10 '54 date I must have
taken the test in the fall of '53 when I was a high school
sophomore.

What made you decide to go straight?

I guess life as an outlaw bootlegger Cubscout Sparky, constantly
having to look over your shoulder for the FCC DFing truck or the
Cubmaster was too much to bear...