Old January 29th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Schlecks' direction on moderation

Mike Coslo wrote:

The moderation group effort didn't come about due to that. More
like a few posters who have deep seated problems, as well as a
willingness to ebomb the group(s). Until I discovered Xnews, I just
found this newsgroup not worth the effort to read. Whereas most readers
were happy to allow this group to be a Black hole of Calcutta, the
miscreants were starting to spread their cancer to all the ham
newsgroups.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Some of that alright ...

However, look at the REAL problem. For decades now the extras (and
wannabe generals) have pulled ARRL strings (and the reverse,
self-cycling really) to control amateur radio and steer the course.
Those were and are PUBLIC airwaves they grabbed. Joe Blow Public was
unconcerned--they got away with it.

Now we set here in the PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS. They attempt to re-implement
the old strategy and find it is not working. Those USENET GODS are on
to them, they see though their thinly veiled text and to their hearts.
Those USENET GODS insist public newsgroups are PUBLIC ...

.... end of story.

Regards,
JS