Old January 29th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bob Brock Bob Brock is offline

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

On 28 Jan 2007 13:11:46 -0800, "
wrote:

Not at all, John, you be wrong there. ARRL has periodical and
publication racks on the floors of HRO and Radio Shack and
other stores to catch all eyes.

Not really trying to change the subject, but I went to the local
bookstore and two Radio Shacks trying to get a copy of the General
Class Study manual. Both Radio Shacks said that they no longer carry
the study guides. So, I opted to download the questions and answers
from the net for free and give that a shot.

Did two Radio Shack managers lie to me? Has anyone seen the ARRL
study guides? I didn't even see any of the "Now Your's Talking" books
at the local stores.