Old January 29th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default About Baluns - What is the Best Balun ?

On Jan 28, 7:32 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

David wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:35:51 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

Single element antennas can pick up static electricity that can damage
radio front ends. Using a voltage type UNUN is best type to use due to
the separate windings. The voltage type also lends itself to fractional
impedance transformations.

Shunt Feed.

Delta Match.I though we were discussing BALUNs.

Shunt feed and delta match are tuned circuits with narrow bandwidth
whereas a BALUN or UNUNs are broadband. SWLs are not transmitting so the
need to tune the antennas output match at some frequency is not
desirable.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon - Thank you for pointing that out.

The Topic is : About Baluns - What is the Best Balun ?

So . . . Whats between your Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna
and the Coax Cable feed-in-line ? ? ? - iane ~ RHF