Old January 29th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] simart@gmail.com is offline

Default Worldband vs. Shortwave on Google Trends

Don't know if people here are familiar with Google Trends
(www.google.com/trends) but it analyzes search terms by region and
volume. I did one to compare "world band" vs. shortwave:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=short...+%22world+band
%22&ctab=1&geo=all&date=all

And I thought it was interesting that shortwave is used much more
frequently than "world band" and
that the top regions searching (as a ratio of total search volume) for
these terms we

1. Canada
2. United States
3. Ireland
4. New Zealand
5. United Kingdom
6. South Africa
7. Australia
8. Singapore
9. Sweden
10. Malaysia

I thought it was kind of interesting. Also there is a general downward
trend in interest over the past few years.

-Art