Old January 30th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 29, 4:33 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"KC4UAI" wrote:
So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to understand
that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact these extras are
self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these Extras passed a
20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

Not at all. Your 20WPM code tape Extra License is irrelevant.

When certain Extras tell me how to conduct my amateur life all the
while scarfing up a bunch of "club" calls, DX calls, and vanity calls,
then I see them as thinking they are somehow much more priveleged than
the next guy, AKA they're smarter than everyone else because they "Got
Over on The Man!"

When a Coast Guard Extra Lecturer aids and abets the scarfing up and
grabs one for himself, I have a problem with that, too.

It's just a case of people telling others what to do while being
inconsistent in their own lives... So get over yourselves.