Old January 30th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
d d is offline

Default Worldband vs. Shortwave on Google Trends

I know, and I don't completely disagree, but as I wrote: "Times Change".
What if, way back when, solid state hardware had been dis-allowed? I'd
be happy with it. The ignorant fools that can't even solder would have
been kept out of "my" clubhouse. Life would have been good. But the
hobby would have crashed and burned years ago. Bad.

The failure to adapt to change may have doomed the hobby. It will be
tough, perhaps impossible, to reverse the trend now. : (

We need to get kids interested in radio or the hobby will be gone in a
very few years.

dxAce wrote:

d wrote:

What is, and has been, needed is fresh blood in the hobby. How many
THOUSAND more hams would there be right NOW if the dumbasses (you know
who you are) that have fought dropping the pathetically obsolete
requirement for Morse hadn't been so short-sighted?

Short sighted? How many THOUSAND more hams would there be right now if the
dumbasses (you know who you are) would have buckled down and learned a measly
five words per minute?