Old January 30th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default Quantity Over Quality (Was: Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...)

"Bob Brock" wrote:

And that was my point. If it reaches the stage where radio shack
(or Wal-Mart) has jumped on the band wagon, we may need to worry
about overpopulating the bands.

I just simply do not see it happening. Most RatShacks are too small to carry
a wide range of ham gear. Furthermore, the per-capita number of hams in most
areas is too small.

Certain RatShacks may do ok selling ham gear, but as a whole? I doubt it.

Heck, how much demand is there for RatShack's selling of FRS and CB Gear?
Not very much, I believe, based on the very limited (if any) selection I've
seen in the 4 stores I've frequented over the past few years.

73
kh6hz