Old January 31st 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default school blocking frequencies

KE5MBX wrote:
I know this isn't strictly amateur-related, but we're the ones who
know the laws the best, right? Anybody know if it's legal in Texas for
a university to block cell phones in its cafeteria?

If you're talking about intentional interference (jamming), it is *never*
allowed. If you're talking about creating a faraday shield so signals can't
get in/out, that would be allowed (although, a bit impractical and expensive
to retrofit).

Bryan WA7PRC