Old February 1st 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old fiend an old fiend is offline

Default Will "no code" license result in meaningful growth?

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message
Information from within ARRL indicates that last year the ARRL VECs, whose
teams handle over 70% ov al VE sessions, per their claim (which I am not
confirming nor disputing), performed over 5,000 VE sessions (with each
session handling multiple applicants/testees).

According to the report, the average session was 5-10 applicants/testees
... (25-50k testees)

"Reservations" have now jumped to 50-75/session!!!

It appears that no-code WILL result in significant growth. (as I
predicted)

While some who want to keep our bands "to themselves" (at least until
they're reallocated for lack of/diminishing use) will bemoan this, I am
elated!

From what I've seen, the ARRL BoD is "Getting It" about the need to
welcome new hams and strongly discourage any berating/insulting/bad
treatment of them just because they didn't have to take a Morse test.
BRAVO!

I hope that ALL hams will "get with the program" and act like decent human
beings/Elmers towards the impending, apparently significant influx of
newcomers.

Treat them right and they will assimilate - treat the crappy and you'll
regret it in the long run.

73,
Carl - wk3c

comittee dear me does he wish his efforts to fail