Old February 1st 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

a gazillion newsgroups trimmed to rrap

Dee Flint wrote:

OK John, clean up this newsgroup so I don't have to add filters on an almost
daily basis to eliminate the constant deluge of sex posts, vulgar posts,
etc.

Hi Dee,

The point is as I see it, that when we place what we see and read into
the hands of others, we might not see what we want to see. I am
perfectly happy to use Xnews to get rid of the fringe elements.

And at what level do we censor. And let us mince no words, a post that
does not get past the moderator is censored.

An example is that you have decided to filter out posts from Len
Anderson. On the other hand, I enjoy reading his posts, even though I
don't always agree with them, and sometimes the arguments with Jim and
Dave can get a little circular. (from all posters)

But I can't imagine the newsgroup without him. Or Jim, or Dave.

What would you do as a censor-moderator to his posts? How about the
posts where two people disagree, and one notes that he thinks the other
is being unrealistic? Obtuse? Stupid? Where is the line?

I find the same posts offensive that you do, with the exception of
Len's. But I really prefer to make my own choices instead of have
someone else make them for me.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Xnews rulez!