Old February 1st 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old fiend an old fiend is offline

Default Will "no code" license result in meaningful growth?

"Bob Brock" wrote in message
.. .

"Bob Brock" wrote in message
.. .

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote:
On Jan 31, 11:03?pm, "Carl R. Stevenson" wrote:
Information from within ARRL indicates that last year the ARRL VECs,
whose
teams handle over 70% ov al VE sessions, per their claim (which I am
not
confirming nor disputing), performed over 5,000 VE sessions (with each
session handling multiple applicants/testees).

According to the report, the average session was 5-10
applicants/testees ...
(25-50k testees)

"Reservations" have now jumped to 50-75/session!!!

That's excellent!
It appears that no-code WILL result in significant growth. (as I
predicted)

Well, maybe.

W3GEG told me that this past week's VE session in Morgantown resulted in
five fellows who took and passed Morse Code exams in obtaining their new
licenses. I seem to recall that you'd commented some time ago that some
people might want to take such an exam before the elimination of Morse
testing.

I'm still waiting...so I guess he's right.

My bad. I was reading pretty quickly and posted some nonsense. My
apology.

Bob

with the punce gotcha he wonders
why I simple don't bother to ty impoving my spelling do u hav anyting
cognet two say?
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/