Old February 1st 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
JimC JimC is offline

Default Boat Anchor Qualifications?

I'm not sure whether I qualify to post notes on this newsgroups, since I
don't know what qualifies as a boat anchor radio. I'm interested in
general coverage receiving, but I'm not a Ham and haven't got into
transcievers or transmitting stations. - I have a Realistic DX-160,
bought recently from Ebay, and also a Radio Shack portable similar to
the Sangean ATS-909. Is this group directed only to HAM radio, or would
general DX receivers also qualify? I would guess that my small portable
wouldn't, but I'm not sure about the DX-160?

Can anyone tell me what whether general DX receiving would be within the
general subject matter of the ng?

Thanks,
Jim Cate