Old February 2nd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

From: on 31 Jan 2007 15:33:35 -0800

Agreed.

Agreed to what?

Which standards should be changed?

Which standard should never be changed?

What would you have them do that is not being done now?

Why do you ask?

Who are these groups? What are they doing that ARRL is not?

Why do you ask?

Field Day is sponsored by the ARRL.

Why is that important?

Are you a farmer out-standing in his field?

Did you get a crop subsidy? Did you consider yourself
as growing something? Is that why you spread so much
fertilizer around?

The ARRL is more than a publisher, Len.

Why do you care?

Do you have stock in the ARRL?

Do you have any ARRL publications?

Why should we care whether or not you do?

And how should it change?

How should what change?

Why can't you describe your question?

What would constitute "REAL leadership"?

Why do you consider the ARRL as "leaders?"

Why does the ARRL consider themselves as the
"leaders?"

Who was it that led the fight against BPL?

Did you not read the Comments on BPL at the
FCC website?

Why do you think ONLY ARRL 'fights against it?'

Why haven't you engaged your browser to look
around more?

Have you ever been engaged?

Have you ever browsed the singles groups?

Which changes?

What are you talking about?

Do you ever change your underwear?

Haven't you ever changed your mind?

I don't think they do. There are plenty of ARRL publications
aimed at VHF/UHF, satellites, repeaters, meteor scatter, and
other non-HF activities. QST has a considerable number of
articles aimed at Technicians.

Why aren't more Techs members of the ARRL?

Don't you realize that Technician class is now bigger
than ALL other US license classes combined?

Why hasn't the ARRL gotten more than a quarter of
all amateur radio licensees as members?

Who are these "mainstream" folks, Len?

Are you still up the creek and out of the main stream?

What should the standards be?

Shouldn't you ask NIST that?

US Amateur radio is, and always has been, open to interested people
of all ages. The efforts to interest young people are in recognition
of the fact that young people don't have the financial and other
resources of adults.

Is that why ARRL is always asking for some kind of donation?

You're demanding change without saying what the changes should be,
nor what the desired results are. That doesn't make sense.

Why do you think all postings are made direct to you?

Nobody is pretending that radio has remained static. And your
claims of cause-and-effect aren't proven. Correlation is not
causation.

Why haven't you cleaned up the static in your postings?

Have you cleaned up the static on your radio?

We got a lot of new hams that way. Some became interested in things
beyond the local repeater - some did not. But with the introduction of
inexpensive cell phones, plus FRS/GMRS, that source of new hams has
all but disappeared.

Do you have your finger on the pulse of all radio-interested?

Are you A. C. Nielson? Or are you Leslie Nielson?

Are we to take your words as TRVTH engraved on a building?

Why can't we take your words as in a comic strip, "BC?"

Losing that source of new amateurs is one reason for the lack of
growth in US amateur radio.

Why can't you take the fact that so many just aren't
interested in morse code?

Why can't you understand that newcomers coming in via
no-code Tech classes are not quite able to keep up with
old coded hams who are dying off?

Len, perhaps you should take your own advice:

Why do you say YOUR advice is "mine?"

Why do you act like only YOU are supreme judge of all?

Where is it written that only YOU know what is best?

Not all changes are for the better, Len. Is it wrong to resist
changes?

Is this an old folk homily? Is it an aphorism? Isn't it
more of your own apocryphal buzz-word-ism?

Why can't you accept FCC 06-178 with good grace.

Or do you always say "Good night grace?"

Again, not all change is for the better. Unless someone
can make a good case for exactly why a particular change is
needed, why should it be supported?

Why do you NOT understand what the FCC wrote in 06-178?

Why are you in such denial?

Have you sought psychologic help for your denial problem?

Have you gotten laid yet?

Do you floss after every meal?

Len, your behavior here indicates that such a "real conversation" would
only last until Dee disagreed with you.

Why do you call me by a familiar name? Why do you think
you have been authorized to do so?

Why do you continue the facade of seeing the future?

Are you a fake fortune teller? Do you read palms?

Have you ever run your hands along a woman's hand?

Have you ever held a conversation where you didn't try
to correct someone constantly?

Why do you think real conversations always involve you
asking questions?

It's a safe bet that at the first real
challenge to your statements, you'd start with the name-calling ("Mama Dee"),
and the various insults, diversions, and factual errors.

Why do you want to chastize others for things that have
not yet happened?

Why are you always making up stories about the future?

Do you have facts from the future?

Why do you consider yourself the ultimate authority?

Why are you imagining things?

There's a good reason why, Len. And for once, it *is* all about you.

What is "all about me?"

Why do all your posts put you on the ultimate authority
throne?

Haven't you heard of Ex-Lax?

Have you ever had an endoscopy procedure?

Haven't you ever considered that others consider
your attitude as ****ty?

Now you will do one of two things: either ignore this post entirely, or
respond to it in your usual manner, with name-calling, insults, etc..
The one thing you *won't* do is respond in a civil fashion, answer
the questions I posed, or even call me by my first name and/or
callsign.

Why are you acting like a boss? Were you born in Red Bank, NJ?

Why must all answer your questions?

Are you Alex Trebek in drag?

Are you in or have you ever been in jeopardy?

Why do you always answer with other questions?

Why are you so irritable? Have you considered tranquilizers?

Haven't you gotten laid yet?

-30-