Old February 2nd 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Unrevealed Source Unrevealed Source is offline

Default eBay question

I agree - I don't bother bidding either against a "secret" reserve. But my
original question was WHY people sometimes don't reveal it.

"Dorpmuller" wrote in message
. ..
BUT, if I email you and ask "What's your reserve" and you tell me, I
would probably bump my bid to $200 just to guarantee that if I am the
high bidder that I will actually get it. Why wouldn't you tell me your
reserve? It's kind of self-defeating to keep it a secret.

Exactly why I won't bid at all if someone won't tell me a reserve... F 'em
if they wanna do mind games.

Rich