Old February 2nd 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
willismat willismat is offline

Default RF-2200 Question/AM DX

On Feb 1, 6:55 pm, "Joe Analssandrini"
wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:45 pm, "Count Floyd"

CountFloyd@MonsterChillerHorrorTheater wrote:
I am only one mile for the Atlantic Ocean in Hobe Sound,FL and do not
seem to get transatalantic DX on theis machine. It is great in pulling
in stateside DX, but it does not seem to get transatlantic DX. I have
a rooftop 100ft long wire that runs down through the window, but it
does not seem so to help. My Lafayette HE-10 seems to get better Am
DX that this radio hooked up to the same radio. Am I doing something
wrong? Even my S-38 does better on BCB DX.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Dear Count,

The Lafayette Model HE-10 is one fantastic receiver, very much under-
rated today. Its sensitivity is far better than its specifications
would seem to indicate and its selectivity is excellent also.

Though I can't comment on the Lafayette, I can say that the
selectivity on the RF-2200 isn't up to the task of split frequency MW
DX. For stateside DX its fine, as the channels are all 10 kHz apart.
Maybe on a good night you may try for some of the Carribean channels
that are on the 5's, but Europeans are probably out of reach.