Old February 2nd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Matching Issue ........... I think!

Richard Clark wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:32:05 -1000, wrote:

signal reports on 80 have been very impressive.

You sound like a very good customer prospect weighed against the
testimonials offered to a German inventor of a 9 foot tall 160M
radiator.

Signal reports on 80 still doesn't make it work on 40M however. The
reasons have been explained for your difficulties, and solutions
offered. Are you looking for something different?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Richard, I am not trying to be an ass here, but I was told BEFORE the
antenna was built it would work on 40.
So it got built and doesnt work on 40 as is. It was suggested at the time to
use a 1/4 wave section of coax to get it to work on 40, which as you know
it doesnt.

All I want to do is figure out a way to get it to work on 40 now.

Believe me this antenna works extremely well on 80. 20 over 9 reports from
ZL when the VK's there are only 10 over 9.

This configuration works well, I am sure someone could build a similar
version just for 40 and be a big gun on 40.

--
I SPILLED SPOT REMOVER ON MY DOG..............AND NOW HES GONE!!