Old February 2nd 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Matching Issue ........... I think!

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:59:56 -1000, wrote:

I was told BEFORE the
antenna was built it would work on 40.

You are a victim of poor information. That is evident in the false
assurance (it simply doesn't make sense) and the positive proof of
your measurements.

So it got built and doesnt work on 40 as is.

No one here is surprised by that outcome.

It was suggested at the time to
use a 1/4 wave section of coax to get it to work on 40, which as you know
it doesnt.

A quarter wave solution was offered by Owen which was the correct
solution. This does not mean it would turn a dog into a performer, it
simply meant it would match. Now, as to the matter of making it match
using coax, THAT is a hash pipe dream. You may eventually succeed
through luck and happenstance, but chances are that coax will glow at
night.

All I want to do is figure out a way to get it to work on 40 now.

As I offered, Owen has already done the work, but only you can build
it and discover it works.

Believe me this antenna works extremely well on 80. 20 over 9 reports from
ZL when the VK's there are only 10 over 9.

That's nice, but it doesn't solve 40M.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC