Old February 2nd 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

Mike Coslo wrote:
If I have an idea, and I'm not allowed to post it, or
if I have a reply to anoters post that is simply a bit off the topic, as
converstations between friends sometimes veer from an original subject,
then call it what we will, of we're not allowed to say it - it is
censored. That is what a moderator does.

Take a look at the dictionary definition of "censor".
If the government were involved, it would definitely
be censorship. But a group of ordinary citizens getting
together and abiding by a set of rules probably doesn't
meet the definition, IMO. The moderators of QRZ.COM
sometimes delete a posting they find objectionable.
That's not censorship, that's just the golden rule -
The guys with the gold make the rules. :-)
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp