Old February 2nd 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Will there be post-NoCode exams?

"Phil" wrote in message
I would like to take code exams even if they are
not required by the FCC.

Will VEs continue to conduct code exams and
perhaps offer wpm level certificates?

Right now you could go for the Certificates of Code Proficiency that the
ARRL sponsors. Check their web site for details. For this award you copy
code off special broadcasts and receive a certificate for 1 minute solid
copy. I believe for this award you do NOT have to be a member. I have the
ones for 10 wpm and 15wpm.

Also they are investigating a program for earning such certificates with
sending administered via live examiners at a session. This is just in the
investigation stage.

Dee, N8UZE