Old February 2nd 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Will there be post-NoCode exams?

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
extremely doubtful

I suspect other organizations, like FISTS, may step up to the plate and
offer some type of competency certificates, if you're really interested in
such things.

I hope so. In the meantime, the ARRL already has such a program. Once a
month they transmit code runs and if you copy 1 minute solid you can get a
certificate. They start at 10wpm and go up. I've got the ones for 10 and
15.

Despite what you read here, from a few embittered people who feel the code
exam "persecuted" them, most hams on the airwaves really don't care if you
passed a 5, 13, or 20wpm code test or not.

Why? Well, if I CQ in morse code on a frequency at 25wpm, and you respond,
and we have a nice conversation -- does it really matter if you "passed" a
20wpm code test or not?

Yup, using it is the important part.

Dee, N8UZE