Old February 3rd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
ken scharf ken scharf is offline

Default Aluminum can eclosure

Ceriel Nosforit wrote:
Quick, simple question:

Would a normal aluminum can be any good for RF shielding of a balun, or
would it for some reason not work? Should I connect it to ground?

And;
What does a transmatch do for me that a normal balun/transformer won't do
for me?

Thank you for your time.
Sincerecly,

Well IF cans are made of aluminum so I would think a can would work
fine. Normally one should keep the walls of the can some minimal
distance from the coil windings. IIRC the radius of the can should be
something like 2-3 times the dia. of the coil.