Old February 3rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Will "no code" license result in meaningful growth?

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
36...
" wrote in
oups.com:

On Feb 2, 7:10?am, Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
But what if it doesn't?

Ham radio still has a lot to offer but not
nearly as much as it once did. What can we
do to make it more attractive?
--
73, Cecil,http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Sell diet plans and make-up kits at hamfests? :-)

Get Jenny Craig to sponsor a ham gathering?

Might help!

Thing one - there never will be a huge number of hams.

Thing two - I've seen firsthand the damage that the grouchy olde tymers
can do. They chase people away. Old timers with an attitude are now the
greatest danger to Ham radio.

Putting together a station is fun.

Talking around the world without a structure is fun.

Learning about all that Radio encompasses is fun.

Talking with friends old and new about radio is fun

Fun, fun, fun, fun for everyone!

Listening to someone bemoan CB'ers, nickle extras, and how their
prowess in CW makes them superior, how Hams really had it hard in the
old days, any idiot can become a ham nowadays, next thing yaknow, they
will be giving licenses away on boxes of cereal type hams, and onandon
is not fun.

That type would be helping the ARS best by turning in their
license. Or at least having the decency to keep their hate to
themselves.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Yup. I've said many times that the greatest harm came not from the debates
but the outright hatred and lies that some in both groups perpetuated.

Dee, N8UZE