Old February 3rd 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Thread gone astray was Antennas led astray

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:25:02 GMT, wrote:

I never said or implied that Einstein "DEFINED the speed
of light", only that he "nailed it down" in his equations
as the one universal constant - while all other parameters
are subject to relativity effects.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

permittivity of free space, permeability of free space, radian...

Hi Jim,

You are treading on Cecil's toes in this dance. Soon we may have to
reveal the Lorentzian transformation.

It was Lorentz that described time dilation (using the speed of light)
in 1887 and formalized in 1899, and it was Poincaré who introduced
this math in 1905, not Einstein.
he "nailed it down" in his equations

is an slur on Maxwell, Lamor, Lorentz, and Poincaré's contributions
that predate Einstein by decades.

But I am not surprised. Lorentzian transformations are alluded to
here in this forum in recent speculations; and they are thoroughly
botched because so few are even vaguely familiar with his work.

Cecil, your habit of hugging the corpses of intellectuals does not
raise your IQ.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC