Old February 3rd 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
mister35mm mister35mm is offline
Junior Member

Default Two QRP questions, one easy, the other, tricky...

OK OK boys... yes I know 2n2222's are wonderful and plentiful, but I
have a heap of geriatric bipolar power transistor I thought it might
be worth experimenting with:-

2n3055 (three)

2n3054 (four)

2n3739 (two)

2n4800 (one)

Sony D292 U38 (two)

Sony 2sc895 (one)

I thought if you can get anything up to 500mW with a general purpose
NPN, then what can you get out of an old power transistor?

I also have a load of BD139 medium-power transistors...?

Any thoughts?

In addition, I am still looking for the COMPONENT LAYOUT for the PCB
for a QRP
transmitter called "little joe" described in 9-81 in QST. I am not
looking for just the circuit diagram but where the parts GO on the
PCB!

Stephen G7VFY

07956-544202